Frequently asked questions
- I've never played squash before, is it for me?Only one way to find out! Come along and give it a go!
- How do I get into squash for the first time?You can head along to the Picky Centre and play at anytime. All you need to do is book a court through the centre. You can do this in person at Reception, over the phone or online. If you don’t have an online account with the Pickaquoy Centre just ask at the reception and they will provide you with a password.
- Why should I get a membership?As well as being able to play in the clubs competitions and internal leagues, a membership also entitles you to a reduced rate for courts and offers free weekly training sessions for all age groups.
- How much does a membership cost?The costs for the 2018 to 2019 season is £30 for adults, £15 for juniors under 18 and £50 for families.
- How do I get a membership?Memberships are available at Trek and Travel, Bridge Street, Kirkwall
- Great I've joined and can't wait to get involved, when can I play?You can keep up to date with all upcoming club events via this site and Facebook. If you are just looking for a hit by yourself you have to book a court through the Pickaquoy Centre. The courts can be booked in person at the centre, over the phone 01856 879900 or online but to book online you must first register at the reception.
- How do I enter competitions?You can enter by signing the sheets at the courts, by getting in touch with this page or by messaging our facebook page. Details of upcoming events will be publicised on this site and our Facebook page.
- How do I enter the leagues?You can enter by signing the sheets at the courts or you can enter online by getting in touch with this page or by messaging the facebook page. You should provide a name, contact number and desired entry league. For more information regarding the leagues please head over here for squash or here for Racketball.
- What are the rules for Squash and Racketball?
If your question has not been answered above please get in contact via the below form and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as we can!